What's this all about?

A new adventure beckons, and this is once again about my personal journey to make it happen.

It might make you laugh; it might make you cry, but by 'eck lads and lasses, it will be worth a quick skeg every now and then, tha's for sure.

Thursday 24 February 2011

11:30pm already????

Where does the time go? Still, I've promised to do a weekly round-up and tomorrow I'll probably just want to flop down when I finally finish my last activity of the week, making sure both my girls are back safe from work.

So highlights this week are as follows: -

- Found out the trek is 75 miles, assuming no 'drift' otherwise it will be what it will be. My sled will weigh 30kg fully laden. Thanks to Alan Chambers MBE, our expedition leader for those gems of info. He's suggested that if I do take a GPS from Boston Spa School, not to look at it as it could be de-motivating if we drift.

- David Miller of Bartfields Chartered Accountants is delighted to support the trek and will be independently verifying the income and expenditure relating to my fundraising activities. That way donators as well as the charities can rest assured there will be transparency and robustness about the whole money 'thing'.

- Great conversations with Siobhan at Jane Tomlinson Appeal and with the Heart Research UK team today (Thursday)

- 2 promised (in writing) donations totalling £600 received today, so I'm through the £1 000 mark across all charities; £99 000 to go.

- Starbucks in the Arndale in Manchester now have details of my Trek up on their Community Board (thanks to them for doing that) and I've started discussions with a restaurant over there to see if we can have a Trek event in the restaurant with some of the proceeds going to the charity pot/s.

- Yorkshire Evening Post photographer is out to see me training on 5th March so we'll see when the article is published.

- LOVE the idea of a '1 year to go' launch party with all the Yorkshire charities involved (great idea Rachel) and will push the National charities on the idea too (although one might have to be aligned to when I leave for the Pole and one to when I set foot at the Pole).

You know I have got SOOOOOO much to do but days like today make me realise it's all so worthwhile; I want some celebrity support, chase the possibility of TV coverage, prepare my advert for the Yorkshire Mafia Conference, need to follow through with 3 ideas for fundraising and then prep for another big week next week but now, I intend to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment