What's this all about?

A new adventure beckons, and this is once again about my personal journey to make it happen.

It might make you laugh; it might make you cry, but by 'eck lads and lasses, it will be worth a quick skeg every now and then, tha's for sure.

Sunday 20 February 2011

PS. Just to confirm ......

In case I've been vague across this blog, my new Twitter account and various publications, maybe it's time to re-state the following: -

1. I'll be part of a group of up to 8 individuals all trying to raise money for charities of their choice. There will be a professional trek lead to manage us all and he'll have a flare gun to scare polar bears away with.

2. I have 10 charities I'm raising money for; they are (Yorkshire & Humberside-based) Jane Tomlinson Appeal, Heart Research UK, Candlelighters, Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Yorkshire Cancer Research as well as (national charities with local ties) Help for Heroes, MacMillan Nurses, Muscular Dystrophy Org, the Samaritans and the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

3. This trek is hopefully just one in a series of adventures I'll undertake over the next 10 years (Cuba was simply a lightweight intro to exercise). Next one after the Pole is going to be a bespoke adventure for others to share if they want to.

4. The £100 000 target is mine and mine alone, not a group target. I'm underwriting the £25 000 cost of my participation on the Trek but if I can get £12 500 from corporate sponsors to specifically co-fund it in return for PR and Marketing leverage for them, I'll happily accept.

5. Any and all offers of help appreciated. I have a personal trainer but all advice accepted gratefully and graciously, I'm doing all the chasing, talking, visits, driving PR, e-mailing, tweets and blog entries myself whilst trying to ensure my girls, my client and my life continues as is. Boy could I do with some free support on all that, but it's not for the feint-hearted, that's for sure!!

6. Uh-oh, supermarket shuts in less than an hour. Gotta go .................................

No comments:

Post a Comment