What's this all about?

A new adventure beckons, and this is once again about my personal journey to make it happen.

It might make you laugh; it might make you cry, but by 'eck lads and lasses, it will be worth a quick skeg every now and then, tha's for sure.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Quick update before bed

Well that was more fun than I expected;  a 3-hour ski lesson in a group of 7 and I passed my Beginner Stages 1 & 2. I can now do 'a series of snowplough turns in a controlled manner'. Who would have guessed the old man could pick up so quickly. What was that? Ahh yes famous last words - how true.

Left knee, calf (especially) and toes ache like mad though so you just KNOW they are going to be murder in the morning but I'll be booking another session for a fortnights time and that will get me onto the large ski slope if I pass Beginner Stage 3 and Intermediate Stage 1.

I also drafted my first letter and e-mailed a company in my network about becoming one of the first sponsors so let's see what kind of response that brings. I think I'll launch at a large event I'm already part of in early March. It's killing me not to be able to launch headlong into a fundraising campaign but I know restraint is good.

Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment