What's this all about?

A new adventure beckons, and this is once again about my personal journey to make it happen.

It might make you laugh; it might make you cry, but by 'eck lads and lasses, it will be worth a quick skeg every now and then, tha's for sure.

Saturday 20 August 2011

Last blog entry until mid-Sept

Stop it, I heard you; cheering will be punished when I find out which one of you it was.

Yes it's true, after 3622 page views thus far it's time you had a break, although I thank you all from all over the world for your patience/interest/stupidity/enthusiasm/ability to read mindless dross and STILL keep coming back. Couple of new countries have started to read the blog this week so that takes me to 37 countries so far I think. No-one from South America or Africa though ........... yet.

It's late Saturday afternoon as I sit here bleary-eyed after a week of long days, late nights, early mornings, some training and a wee set-back; some tweak of a knee ligament on Tuesday as a result of an innocuous task - bending/stretching down to pick something up off the floor and trying to use the power in my left leg when my centre of gravity was way too far forward. It hurts somewhere in .....


With thanks to Wikipedia

..... here. Painful when I try to stop myself on a downward slope or push off at an angle. Any medical pro's reading this feel free to say anything BUT "It's old age".

Anyway I still trained on Tuesday evening but left it to settle down a little until this morning's session where Paul the PT allowed me to decide what was possible for a change (as Matt on the Livestrong cycle ride said "It's nice being the one to dictate my own pain").

Speaking of Paul the PT, a few of you have been inquisitive about what/who he is. He's a shy chap, bit of a 'sand gets kicked in his face' kind of guy as you'll see but he was eventually persuaded to give me this link to show him in action. Just watch out for the annoying 6 minutes of Irish music; as Paul says perhaps 'Eye of the Tiger' would have been a bit more appropriate.


Anyway, after such a long week and then 40 minutes of Thai boxing and a 30 minute PT session I decided to chill out today and I had the most amazing 90-minute snooze EVER. I think I'm truly on the cusp of winding down for my holidays (which is also probably why I've now got a sore throat starting).

Hopefully the end of the holiday will coincide with a number of things: -

- Some of the 27 people who have promised to donate for my Trek will do so once the holiday season is over (that will be another £3200); actually make that 28 people and £3200+ (thanks Jason).

- Emily will be able to make some progress on the 100 celebrity photos of encouragement; celebrities vary from some that other people have said they'll try for (including Freddie Flintoff via Dora and Tom Peters via Richard King), some Emily will be trying for such as Sir Ian Botham, Sean Bean, Lee Evans, Jessica Ennis and Corinne Bailey Rae and it features a section called 'Everyday Heroes' too; those people who are not famous but have made a name for themselves doing something amazing such as Mike Tomlinson who worked tirelessly with his late wife Jane to raise £millions as she fought cancer and young Adam Brookes, the guy behind the simple but very powerful 'I love Manchester' post-it note wall in response to the riots there last week.


This is about 2/3rd's of the wall


And so that's it for now folks; I have to complete my size chart for my Polar equipment this weekend and then start to shop for my Dartmoor training weekend once I'm back from holiday. See the photos below



No not THIS villa; see the copse down on the golf course just under the woman's left hand wrist? Well in there is our place ....



Some call it extravagant but we prefer to call it homely ....


And now it's the start of the wind-down food-wise too so as my chicken and oven chips are cooking, I'll go dream of being sat here (see below) 8 days from today. Knowing me, I''ll be all hot, sweaty and in the shade; sounds just like being at the gym !!




Bliss ............................................................................... ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment