What's this all about?

A new adventure beckons, and this is once again about my personal journey to make it happen.

It might make you laugh; it might make you cry, but by 'eck lads and lasses, it will be worth a quick skeg every now and then, tha's for sure.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

I'll be back !! (err, well, actually I AM back)

Hmm missed my chance to say that when I was packing for Prague and then the Lake District; darn it would have been really good. Well, maybe not REALLY good but it would have been better than typing it now. In fact not sure why I really typed it just now; maybe some act of revenge in response to a suppressed desire to appear Austrian/Californian.

Actually that whole paragraph is a bit odd so .... where's the delete key on this new keyboard. Err , oh never mind. As my friend Iain 'Nods' Clark said today "You're doing what??? Are you mad?".   Well yes Iain and now here's the evidence to support your carefully crafted statement of motivation : )

Anyway, hello again it's me and I'm literally typing this just moments before I get back to the gym for the first of 4 trips in 5 days. Little bit too much vino and goulash in the last week so time to shock my system back into some form of shape as I kick off the much-hailed summer training targets (see previous blog entry).

What I have managed to do today already though is secure a supply of tyres to drag around behind me with my new harness (friends and family are just going to LOVE admitting they know me; my girls are already begging me to choose some anonymous locations to train) so my thanks to MJ Tyres of Rothwell for their kind donations and Sam rang earlier from Iveridge Health Club to say I can put up the posters for sponsorship there so need to pack those too.

Okay, iPod charged? Check !

Gym garb ready and clean? Check !

Water bottle and sweat towel ready? Check !

Mind and body in tune with new targets? I said mind and body in tune with new targets??? Okay, 3 out of 4 isn't a bad start.

Talk to you again in a few days. Enjoy the sunshine (and get well soon Andrew Green)  : ))

No comments:

Post a Comment