What's this all about?

A new adventure beckons, and this is once again about my personal journey to make it happen.

It might make you laugh; it might make you cry, but by 'eck lads and lasses, it will be worth a quick skeg every now and then, tha's for sure.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Amuse and views; a schizophrenic posting

Hello. Now before you begin to read this, if you really cannot be bothered to trawl through the usual drivel feel free to page-down to where it says BEAUTiFUL COASTAL VIEWS I'VE SEEN (note that the 'i' in BEAUTiFUL is lower case? A sneaky personal tribute to Steve Jobs, although now I've told you it's there it's hardly sneaky is it).

Hang on hang on, you don't ALL have to scroll down to those photos; typical, give someone an opportunity of a short-cut and they take it. You might be missing out on something up here you know!!! For example the GREAT work done by Rushfirth Creative of Leeds to produce a cartoon logo for my Trek ....


"Dear Howard Rushfirth, does this cartoon make my bum look big?"
http://www.rushfirthcreative.co.uk/

Right, now where were we ................. ah yes. Whilst daughter number 1 treks around Europe for another week and a half (here she is with her boyfriend about to depart from Leeds Bradford International two weeks ago) ......


..... I have been training pretty regularly (7 times in 11 days) and intend to train tomorrow (Monday), tyre-drag Tuesday, and gym or tyre-drag Thursday.

I had really hoped to go tyre dragging today in my winter training gear but it was just too darn warm! I know I know you all crave a little more of the Indian summer but look at it from my perspective; I need to suffer !!!

Hmm that got your attention didn't it.

I mean the week hasn't exactly been a success in every other way for the Trek: -

a) Had to postpone the fundraiser at Zinc from the 26th October due to lack of interest (half term school holidays quoted by most).

b) Asked for 24 volunteers to help collect for MacMillan Cancer Support (they offered me 8 days at Leeds supermarkets which could nett my Trek fundraising another £5000); 2 responders. Thank you to Mandy Barwick of Bibi's in Leeds and Clare Young (finalist in the 2008 series of The Apprentice) for offering some of their valuable time.

c) Tweeted (and got re-tweeted to over 7000 Leeds United fans) about this silent auction prize, with nil replies thus far

Signed shirt by Lucas Radebe, ex-captain of Leeds and South Africa. Nelson Mandela called him "My hero"

d) Banked my first set of donation cheques today; seven cheques in total for ....... £235. Disappointed to say the least but what the heck. can't stress about something I seem to have little influence over.

e) Apart from the wonderful work done by @suebecks with Hallam Uni, I've approached 4 Secondary and Primary schools to ask if they want to use the trek for educational purposes. Nil response.

f) Bought a ski balaclava from CostCo today but had a bit of difficulty putting it on at first ...


Still at least one thing went well today; I found out that I DON'T have to bring my own bodily waste back from the North Pole. That's a great big fat 'phew' (evidently it's only the last degree to the SOUTH Pole that has to be poo-free).

And with that I say good night and RIP young Harry Moseley who died today at the age of 11 from an inoperable brain tumour. Sometimes it's good to keep a perspective on life.


BEAUTiFUL COASTAL VIEWS I'VE SEEN

Well you got here eventually. Just fancied reflecting on some of the great memories I've had in the run-up to creating even more amazing memories in the future. Enjoy ... or not.

Hey you could always hit the 'x' up in the right-hand corner of your PC screen (or the equivalent on your handheld device). No, I was only joki ........

Fishing harbour in Lanzarote (2007)

Sunset off Kurumba (Maldives) 2009

Beach bar on Kurumba


Sunset on Maui (2010)


Same view on Maui, but at noon

Approaching sunset at Trinidad, Cuba (2010)

'The Sun Voyager' at Reykjavik harbour (2004)


La Caleta, a fishing village on Tenerife (2011)

Part of the majestic view from our villa; Royal Garden Villas Tenerife (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment